Pages

23 June 2012

Interview: Cher Lloyd with Seventeen

Teenage magazine, Seventeen were lucky enough to spend seventeen minutes with Cher LLoyd and ask her a few questions where she speaks about fashion, how her life changed after X-Factor and her beauty secrets. Have a read below!!

Seventeen: First of all, congratulations on getting engaged! How did you meet your fiancé, Craig?
Cher Lloyd: He was my hairdresser! I had to walk downstairs to the salon and someone said to him, ‘Why don’t you walk her down to make sure the door doesn’t slam?’ So he walked me down and we got to talking. Then, he left his number at the front desk. He’s my first proper boyfriend and now we’re getting married!
17: How do you know when you’ve found a really good guy you should hold on to?
CL: That person becomes your best friend. I get embarrassed talking about it!
17: Let’s talk about fashion. How do you describe your style?
CL: It’s very different every day. I believe someone should be able to dress according to the mood they’re in. It shouldn’t be forced and you shouldn’t have to follow a trend. I rely on accessories: I love hats, chains and rings. If you have just an OK outfit, accessories can turn it into a WOW outfit.
17: Do you have any beauty secrets?
CL: Moisturize! Facial scrubs are always good. I used to have really bad skin, which made me struggle to feel confident. Then, I started using a face scrub and moisturizer and it helped a lot. My favorite moisturizer is Lancome Bienfair Aqua Vital. 
(Continues after the jump...)

17: How has your life changed since you were on The X-Factor in the U.K.?
CL: The day after X-Factor ended, I was in the studio with Will.I.Am. We recorded a song and then a week later, we recorded the album. Now, I’m changing the album a bit before it’s released in the U.S. Being an 18-year-old girl, I keep wanting to change things! I’ve been coming up with crazy ideas, like getting Lil Wayne on a track to make it fresher.
17: There’s a lot of new music coming out of the U.K. right now, but you’ve really set yourself apart. You’re a bit of a bad girl!
CL: I’ve always been like that. I don’t feel like I have to be the nice girl. There are so many pop acts out there doing great, but they haven’t done what I’m about to do. Twenty years from now, I want to look back and know that I did everything I wanted to do instead of putting on a sweet voice.
17: Were you always a bit sassy?
CL: No! In school I was the quietest girl ever! I had a lot of trouble in school. Kids were mean to me. Then I thought to myself, ‘I’m not going to be the girl in the corner anymore.’ And if that means being feisty and in peoples’ faces, I’m going to do that. I didn’t want people picking on me anymore.
17: What can you reveal about the album you’re working on?
CL: It’s very different. It’s like somebody switched on a jukebox. I try and make all my songs sound different from each other while doing it in a way that’s still me. It’s a tricky thing to do. The album is very pop, with a slight hint of urban.
17: Is there a song on the album that you especially connect to?
CL: There’s a song called “Grow Up” that I relate to a lot because it’s about not wanting to grow up. I still want to be childish. I still want to have fun and mess around.
17: Why do your fans call themselves “the Brats?” How did that come about?
CL: I don’t know! They just named themselves. I guess it’s because I’ve always said I’m a bit of a brat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here...